Copyright © Friends of the Living Desert. All rights reserved.
Funded by The Friends of The living Desert and
sponsored in part by the City of Carlsbad Lodgers Tax Fund
The Special Friends program offers donors exclusive SPECIAL recognition of one of the Zoo's animals and or an animal exhibit.
How to get involved:
- Fill out the interest form and mail it or drop it off at the zoo.
- We will setup a meeting with you to establish you as a member of the Conservation Circle.
- This will align you with the animal of you choice and designate you as a Special Friend of the Living Desert.
What is the Level of Commitment?
- Because of the exclusive ans special nature of this program, the donation to Friends of the Living Desert is $10,000, payable in a lump sum or a two ot three year payment plan. This donation is tax deductible as the Friends of the Living Desert is a 501(c)3 non-profit.
How will I be recognized?
- Your name will appear on a Special Friends plaque in the Visitors Center.
- At the exhibit of the animal you have selected, there will be a special plaque designating you as the Special Friend.
- You will have a Special Friends of the Living Desert pass that will entitle you and your immediate family to visit the zoo at no charge and 10% off in the gift ship as well as free or discounted admission to over 100 other Association of Zoos and Aquariums accredited institutions throughout the U.S.S.
Conservation Circle of Special Friends
Living Desert Zoo & gardens
1504 Miehls Dr. Carlsbad, NM